Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcapHints,tips and advice Voting_barHints,tips and advice Vote_rcap 
mineees
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcapHints,tips and advice Voting_barHints,tips and advice Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
Hints,tips and advice Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcap56%Hints,tips and advice Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcap33%Hints,tips and advice Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcap0%Hints,tips and advice Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcap0%Hints,tips and advice Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Hints,tips and advice Vote_lcap11%Hints,tips and advice Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hints,tips and advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:22 am

Thought I would start a thread that may be helpful to others,you can put any tips/advice ect you have of your own if you wish to share.

1. Make you own No nots without having to spend a fortune on the real stuff..and it works just as good
Get a spray bottle.
Pour in a 1/4 baby oil
1/4 hair conditioner (can be horse or human)
A cap or two of vinegar (keeps the flys away a well as cleans)
And the rest water and shake (you have to shake before use all the time to mix everything up.

Spray into the mane and tail and brush,leaves the hair nice and silky and with a sheen to it.

2. Once you have clipped your horse I spray them with the above mixture and it brings their coat back to a nice colour! I spray it 3 times a day for a week after clipping to get the oils back.

3. Wash and dry your horses tail thoroughly, run coconut oil through the tail and rug alot into the tail bone/roots. Plait it up in one long plait and put into a tail bag and leave for two weeks then repeat,in no time your horses will be growing a nice long thick tail For even better results use MTG guaranteed 3-4 inches a month.
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 am

I only use human hair conditioner on the mane and tail...and always finish with a leave in conditioner as it saves a lot of time and hassle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 am

Has anyone got any tips for getting rid of rain scald scabs?? I am in the process of clipping my two girls and they both have a few small remaining scabs along their spines, I didn't even know they had rain scald but they must have got a mild dose of it in all that rain the other week. It's making it really hard to get a smooth clip finish but I think if I can soften them up with something they will come away easily. The few I have rubbed off are all healed underneath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 am

You can soften the scabs with Vaseline...just make sure to clean it off before clipping that area or you will clog the blades! lol
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

OK ta, I was thinking vaseline would do the job, but wanted to check!!
Back to top Go down
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 am

want to make a cheap/free tail protection for your horse?
Get a sheet (or buy material) cut it into three equal sections (deping on the thickness and lengths of the tail as to how much you need,its best to measure the length of your horses tail from below his dock to the end of the tail) and probably about 3-5 CM wide.

Get so electrical tape,part the tail into one hank (you will have three) Wrap the sheet around this section and secure with electrical tape,then secure another 2-3 times making sure you secure the end.

Follow the same instructions for the next two hanks of hair..You will have an odd looking tail...three parts covered in material,know plait those three sections and secure at the end with the tape and at the top for extra security and Voila, a free tail wrap.

You can leave it in long term (weeks or months) I suggest washing the tail,putting a tangle free product through it and brushing first,make sure the tail is dry before wrapping it.

I done this with my T/b this morning..I bought three tail bags put them in (minis) about three hours ago and they fell out already Hints,tips and advice Kopfschuettel
Even after securing the way the instructions said and adding plaiting bands for extra hold. Just looked out the window and my free bed sheet wrap is still going strong that was put in at 9 am. Will get photos for you all
Back to top Go down
Lai Lai
Contributor
Contributor
Lai Lai

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:07 am

I like to use a product called Tough Rock Poultice on scabs, it lifts the scab fast and promotes hair regrowth.

Its primary use is for injurys so very handy to have in your medicine box.

And a little show tip for people that like to have their horses forelock slicked down & wraped around the side of the halter. I found little tiny miniscule aligator clips at price attack. I used one at Nats this year & it worked a treat....you cant even see it and his forelock didnt move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lailaiminiatures.webs.com/
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:03 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Have you got a pic?
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Mix tea tree oil into vaseline - excellent for rain scald,... also for any rub marks, sores etc or thrush in hooves.

Spray on cooking oil is great for getting out any tangles or burrs etc in tails and manes, just make sure you wash out well as it's silicone based and attracts dirt.

Magic Silver White is great for getting yellow out of white tails or just enhancing any white on your horse. Its hard to find these days but I usually buy it in bulk on ebay. Just don't mix it too strong or you will end up with a purple horse!!
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:43 pm

BFFmini wrote:
Magic Silver White is great for getting yellow out of white tails or just enhancing any white on your horse. Its hard to find these days but I usually buy it in bulk on ebay. Just don't mix it too strong or you will end up with a purple horse!!

Sounds similar to stuff called Bloo or Blu or something that you can buy in the laundry powder section at the supermarket, I used to use this on my grey horse's tail, but I actually found lemon dishwashing detergent was the best thing ever to get rid of the yellowing in tails.
Back to top Go down
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:55 am

Why are you only telling me this now.....Razz
My horses tails are gross and yellow and there is only so much purple shampoo can do
Back to top Go down
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:55 am

Yep Kay it's called Blu and I use it and it works a treat...as does Dynamo laundry powder Wink
Again if you use Blu make sure you dilute or it will dye the white blue! lol!
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Right, well lemon dishwashing liquid and Blu from the laundry section are now on my shopping list!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hints,tips and advice   Hints,tips and advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hints,tips and advice
Page 1 of 1