Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
new to this need info Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
new to this need info Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
new to this need info Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
new to this need info Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
new to this need info Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
new to this need info Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
new to this need info Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
new to this need info Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
new to this need info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
new to this need info Vote_lcapnew to this need info Voting_barnew to this need info Vote_rcap 
mineees
new to this need info Vote_lcapnew to this need info Voting_barnew to this need info Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
new to this need info Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
new to this need info Vote_lcap56%new to this need info Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
new to this need info Vote_lcap33%new to this need info Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
new to this need info Vote_lcap0%new to this need info Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
new to this need info Vote_lcap0%new to this need info Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
new to this need info Vote_lcap11%new to this need info Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

new to this need info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zolton10

PostSubject: new to this need info   new to this need info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am

I have a male miniture horse aged 7mths. i am thinking of doing shows/ pony rides. can anyone tell me any info on registration, tips, training, insurance, costings, we are in maryborough qld.

Also his mum is up for sale she is 8yrs old, unbroken, when you catch her you might be able to put a halter, she will come to you if you have food. brown all over, paddock fat. she loves her grass. sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
kimmini
Valued User
Valued User
kimmini

PostSubject: Re: new to this need info   new to this need info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 am

If hes only 7mths old, you have about another 3 years to wait untill he is old enough to break in to ride.then only little tiny kids could get on him.Is he a colt or Gelding, If a colt you will need to geld him so he is safe for the kids.
As far as mini horse regos Im not up on them as I have mini pony.
Id say you will need some sort of insurance if you are going to do pony rides,but not if you just show,your membership covers that.
Hope some of this helps
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: new to this need info   new to this need info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Do you know his breeding? Are his parents registered? If you only want to register him to show, you should become a member of MH&PE (www.mhandpe.com.au) or IMHR (www.minihorseinfo.com) or AMR (www.ausminreg.com.au) - these are all very affordable associations that will register him even if you don't know his pedigree, and he will then be eligible to be shown at open breed shows and ag shows.

As Kimmini said, you have a few years to wait before you think about using him for riding, but you wouldn't want to use a colt for children to ride - he would be better off gelded (geldings are also free to register with IMHR/MHPE - not sure about AMR). In my opinion, no colt/stallion should be trusted with a child as even the quietest can have a tendency to bite or lash out unexpectedly. The 'pony ride' business is a tough one to get into as you will need your own public liabilty insurance to do this, which isn't cheap (this is for NSW, so can't really speak for QLD but I would assume it's the same). Children under 18yrs cannot handle/ride a stallion at shows, so I would also assume you wouldn't be able to get public liability at all to use one for other people's children to ride.

Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: new to this need info   new to this need info Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 am

I am only responding to the pony ride part of the question. You need more than one horse/pony to do rides, at least 3 or 4 so you can rotate and let them rest. They also need to be very calm as you are going to have kids running up and jumping around them. A 7 month old still has bone developing and you can damage the growth leading to problems later if too much weight or stress is put on his body.
Getting pony ride insurance is also the hardest insurance to get and most companies wont touch you because you are dealing with horses and children and in their eyes it is very dangerous combination. The few that will give it expect you to have won the lottery. It's not a business to go into to make money unless you can do rides every week and have a guaranteed minimum earnings from each event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new to this need info   new to this need info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new to this need info
Page 1 of 1