Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcapHawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Voting_barHawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap 
mineees
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcapHawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Voting_barHawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcap56%Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcap33%Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcap0%Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcap0%Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_lcap11%Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 am

Well i just read this programe..And it doesnt make one bit of sense! lol.
First off the mini horses are reffered to in hands.
next they have colt,stallion,filly,mare classes then Supreme horse of show THEN the gelding class after supreme.
then it goes so random gelding any height any age class then colt/ stallion and filly mare/again then it says champion harness horse...

It really is a hard to understand!
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm

I just had another look at it and see what you mean! I've done Hawkesbury show every year for around the last 8 yrs, and a few before that even, done all sorts, open pony classes, hacking classes, andalusian classes, thoroughbred classes, mini classes, colour classes, even sporting! And one thing I have noticed is that their program is always very outdated and classes nearly always clash!! I worked (work experience) with the show committee back in 02-04 and we did this massive survey of every person who entered in one of the previous years to try and find out how the horse events and facilities could be improved, we got heaps of valuable feedback, but do you think the committee followed thru on any of it? NUP! Two years worth of work by 4 people was simply shrugged at!!! Mad

Annnnyway.....

The way the classes are done are a little strange, especially being by hand height and not ages, and I guess they don't get enough geldings to warrant having separate age and height classes, so they lump them all in together with no champion and no eligibility for supreme. That really sucks and it's shows like that who are basically discouraging showing geldings when so many of the registries are ENCOURAGING showing geldings by having special classes and bonus prizes! Maybe someone should alert IMHR or MH&PE to what they are doing so they can sponsor a class!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 am

It really is sad that the attitude of people is to keep them all entire.
I will keep Cappa a colt now just for hawksbury cause I mean...Why take a gelding if you cant even go in for a champion.....?

My friend used to breed Miniatures....but she never has shown them and she came out to see mine last saturday,When I said I wanted top Geld Cappa she said to me "whats the point of gelding a mini?"

Is that the attitude of most people these days?
Maybe if someone sponsored a gelding section with a trophy and money it might be an incentive for people to geld?
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 am

Unfortunately, yes, that is a lot of the attitude these days, and that's why registries are sponsoring gelding classes and offering free rego for geldings. To try and cut out some of the backyard breeding from all the less-than-average quality stallions that are kept entire because they are easy enough to manage as they are, so people don't want to spend $600 to have them gelded. Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
Tandaroominis
Tandaroominis

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 pm

that is so stupid geldings make the best pets i had my colt gelded recently and it made the world of difference! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Piantedminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes there are so many horses/ponies going around these days that NEED and SHOULD be gelded! It gives them a better quality of life for starters!
Ive seen a few avatars here/there of stallions that look like they SHOULD be gelded, sorry but true. Its such a shame otherwise when they could be leading successful lives as geldings!
Back to top Go down
mini_mad
Frequent User
Frequent User
mini_mad

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 am

I love my geldings and would never turn back time to have left them as colts!!

Sadly yes this is pretty standard for ag shows - there a lot of them where the geldings dont compete for champion, however at the nationals etc (mini shows) you see just how much people love their geldings and there is gelding incentives eg. IMHR Nationals some classes are free this year for geldings and there is a pot of gold incentive too.
Back to top Go down
http://enchantmentstud.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings   Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawkesbury Show & general attitudes towards geldings
Page 1 of 1