Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcapomg i have a garbage disposal! Voting_baromg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap 
mineees
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcapomg i have a garbage disposal! Voting_baromg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
omg i have a garbage disposal! Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcap56%omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcap33%omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcap0%omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcap0%omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_lcap11%omg i have a garbage disposal! Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

omg i have a garbage disposal!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mysticalmeadows
Valued User
Valued User

PostSubject: omg i have a garbage disposal!   omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 am

my sally eats like i have never seen a horse eat before!
she is forever getting into the rubbish bin and takin scraps out, she eats the dogs food, she eats lasagne, she loves mangoes and potato chips! im not sure how healthy all this is for her but she jsut helps herslef!
is this normal??
i feed her weightlifter (her ex owner told me it had the best nurtients etc for pregnant mares? )
she gets 3 good size scoops in the morning and 4 at night!
any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: omg i have a garbage disposal!   omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 pm

I have found some of my ponies love household food scraps and dog food and others won't go anywhere near it. All a matter of taste and how they were reared, they seek out the variety, doesn't mean she is lacking in anything nutritionally. Could also be a boredom thing too. As long as she isn't going to eat something she shouldn't (cigarette butts/chocolate) or cut herself on a tin can or something, I wouldn't worry too much.

I don't know about weightlifter being good for broodmares as it is formulated for underweight horses that you want to put on weight quickly, I would think any of the broodmare mixes would be much better because you know they are formulated for that exact purpose. You don't want to put too much weight on an in-foal broodmare as they can have birthing problems, but you do want your mares on an "upward plane of nutrition" when you are trying to get them in foal as it helps their fertility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
mysticalmeadows
Valued User
Valued User

PostSubject: Re: omg i have a garbage disposal!   omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 am

oh thanks for that!

Weightlifter is what the previous owners wanted me to put her on? ok well will be asking about broodmare foods when i get her next bag! thanks for that, dont want to be feeding her the wrong thing!

she helped herself to a box of mangoes today! they were even put up where he thought would be high enough lol but she got into them all! he is not very happy with her at the moment opps lol
Back to top Go down
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: omg i have a garbage disposal!   omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:51 pm

My horses used to raid my compost heap for vegetable scraps...come still do and I have to re-rake all the manure back into it afterwards! lol

Weightlifter is definitely not a good good choice for a broodmare...I too was told to feed a horse that when I purchased a mare. Some people are well meaning but very miss informed. Also from memory it sounds like you are feeding way more than needed so you may need to read the dosage amount. I could be wrong though as it has been a few years since I used it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: omg i have a garbage disposal!   omg i have a garbage disposal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

omg i have a garbage disposal!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Miniature Equines :: Horse Topics :: General Horse Chat-
Jump to: