Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcaphelp with what miniature pony/horse society Voting_barhelp with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap 
mineees
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcaphelp with what miniature pony/horse society Voting_barhelp with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
help with what miniature pony/horse society Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcap56%help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcap33%help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcap0%help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcap0%help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_lcap11%help with what miniature pony/horse society Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

help with what miniature pony/horse society

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
come by chance stud
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:34 am

If any 1 could plz help with what society. What society is there??
And why can a mini pony can be reg Shetland, amps,MHAA and IMHR?
when they are not the same thing???
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:09 am

A small Shetland can be registered as APSB (Shetty) and AMPS, as long as it meets AMPS height criteria.

Theoretically, a Mini Pony SHOULDN'T be registered MHAA, but unfortunately MHAA horses can still produce pony-type offspring sometimes and these ponies are eligible to be registered MHAA purely because of their pedigree.

IMHR, despite their name, register both horse AND pony types, but they have only recently made a separate category for ponies in their studbook, originally even pony types were being registered as Mini Horse.

There's also MHF, AMR and MH&PE...and probably others (I'm losing track).

I'm a member of IMHR and MH&PE and both have their merits. Although IMHR is cheaper overall and has a bigger studbook now, MH&PE are quicker with getting registrations processed and put on a lot of shows close to where I live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
come by chance stud
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 am

so is a mini pony mare reg amps has a foal to a MHAA stallion. The foal can be reg both??
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:10 am

Stallion has to be registered AMPS as well to register the foal with AMPS, or it cannot be rego'd until it is 5yrs old (or maybe it's 2yrs old now??). Not sure about MHAA as I don't get involved with them, but I always thought both parents had to be MHAA as well for the foal to be registered.
Back to top Go down
come by chance stud
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:20 am

i know with amps the foal can only have one parent. But i know if it the same or the MHAA as im not a member Question
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:36 am

I'm not a member either and never plan on it. A lot of people are pulling out of MHAA.

Yeah with AMPS they can only have one AMPS parent and be eligible, but you still have to wait until they are a certain age. Well that's what I was told when I bought my AMPS rego'd stallion as my mares aren't AMPS.
Back to top Go down
lotta luvin
Valued User
Valued User
lotta luvin

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 am

With AMPS if the previous owner [am assuming you bought her in foal] had sent in the annual mare return form at the end of that breeding season the resulting foal would be able to be foal recorded now. Otherwise the foal would have to be 2yrs old to register. One AMPS parent is fine.
Back to top Go down
lotta luvin
Valued User
Valued User
lotta luvin

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:51 am

You would also require a service certificate unless you are the owner of the stallion used at the time. Not sure about MHAA.
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:53 am

Oh that must be what I am thinking of then!!!
Back to top Go down
kimmini
Valued User
Valued User
kimmini

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 am

What lotta luvin has said is correct,you do need a service cert if you dont own the stallion,but what ever way it is she would have needed to be put on someones mare return for the foal to be F/R.
Back to top Go down
come by chance stud
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 am

thank heaps for the help ppls Very Happy yes ill be getting a service cert. So all is good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with what miniature pony/horse society   help with what miniature pony/horse society Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help with what miniature pony/horse society
Page 1 of 1