For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcapHorse Food vs Rats Voting_barHorse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap 
mineees
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcapHorse Food vs Rats Voting_barHorse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcap56%Horse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcap33%Horse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcap0%Horse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcap0%Horse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Horse Food vs Rats Vote_lcap11%Horse Food vs Rats Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Horse Food vs Rats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2LiL-GGs
2LiL-GGs

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 am

aliasmel wrote:

But be warned....the rats LOVE it and will do anything to get to it..so will big oaths of thoroughbreds who steal it and have red powder all around their mouth and look at you like "what did I do?"

Laughing don'y you love when they do that!

and don't get me started on bloody rats, i am so fed up with them getting in to all my feed bins and shitting all through everything which spoils it Mad
Back to top Go down
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:21 am

What do you all keep your feed in? When I had my feed stored in a garage I used dog food barrels but since gaining a "feed shed", which is actually just a garden shed but is perfect for this use, I found rats ate through them so I switched to otto bins and have had no trouble since. I also purchased a bin from bunnings which is round and can also been used for water storage that has been great as well. I have had rats and mice destroying my hay bales but I have been heavily baiting and now no longer have any residing the shed. I keep my livermol in a bucket with a thick plastic lid and haven't had any issues with it.

Oh and Kay if you want to try Livermol, buy the 2kg bag as it does last a while and it will be enough to see if it gives the result you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Believe it or not (I may have even showed you when you were here Tash??), my resident rodents do actually eat thru Otto/Sulo bins! They have destroyed about 4 of them Sad They chew enormous holes in the bottom corners or the corners of the lids. You will feed up one arvo and they are fine and the next morning, huge holes in everything and bits of gnawed off plastic and poop all thru the food Sad I really, really hate them. I don't like baiting because I have all the other animals around, but I was catching one a night in my trusty rat trap.. and then I got this last week...

Horse Food vs Rats Img1075m

What are the chances!? affraid

HelenB
Contributor
Contributor
HelenB

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 am

Wow, greedy things! We let our resident pythons do this messy job for us.....then we just panic about our chook. Shocked
Cheers
Helen B
Back to top Go down
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:32 am

Yeah Kay you told me about them eating through your bins. But that is cool two in one...will teach them to be greedy. lol I have had two caught before but both were by the tails. I no longer use traps in the feed shed though as they were eating the sides of the traps and those traps are super expensive...I am just diligent about keeping the dogs out of the shed and picking up the mice and rats as we find them...they never get very far! Smile

Maybe you need to get those old metal bins we all used to have before otto's came about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
Sponsored content

Horse Food vs Rats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Food vs Rats   Horse Food vs Rats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horse Food vs Rats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Miniature Equines :: Horse Topics :: Health / Nutrition-
Jump to: