For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcapGel / Mousse for manes Voting_barGel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap 
mineees
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcapGel / Mousse for manes Voting_barGel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcap56%Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcap33%Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcap0%Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcap0%Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_lcap11%Gel / Mousse for manes Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Gel / Mousse for manes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PONYKID
PONYKID

Gel / Mousse for manes Empty
PostSubject: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 am

What do you use to slick down manes and forelocks for the show ring? On my foals I have tried different brands of gel, mousses and hairspray but can't get it to stay down! By the time I get to the ring it's all fluffy again.. Suspect

kimmini
Valued User
Valued User
kimmini

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

For mini pony foals, all I do is wash and condition really well,spray some absorbine on, put a skinny hood on plus a warmer top hood,plus rugs .The day of show brush well give a little sray of coat polish [but not the Ultra I hate the stuff] and your done.
It does sit down sort off, but pony foals are exspected to be fluffy.As it gets some length to it the better it will be.
Hope you have fun at your show.
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I am not too worried about the Mini Pony foal, as she won't be clipped anyway, but in the Mini HORSE classes they always have slicked down manes while I just cannot seem to get the slick look even though their manes have enough length to fall down anyway.

aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 am

The secret is.....
Use the whole pot of gel Very Happy
Sorry...its the only way Razz thats what I do anyway
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
Sialer Park Mini Stud
Valued User
Valued User
Sialer Park Mini Stud

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 am

The reason the mini horse manes & forelocks sit down when slicked is cos there is only 1/3 - 1/2 a mane there...

They actually clip off half the mane underneath (instead of pulling to thin them out)...

The forelocks have the sides & underneath clipped off too, so only a small narrow strip is left.

The less mane there is, the easier it is to slick it down.

That's how most of the 'big' showies down here do it...

If you have a 'lot' of mane/forelock, then no amount of gel/mousse/hairspray etc will hold it down.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sialerparkministud.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Ahh OK well that makes sense I guess. But I don't have the heart to cut theirs off, I feel bad enough about body clipping them. I think I would rather have woolly manes than thin their manes in that manner, coz then it is gonna be really spikey as it grows back Rolling Eyes Can't wait until I have pony foals... I'm so sick of the grooming expected for mini horses lol

YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:51 am

Yep we clip under the mane too, but only enough to help it lay flat. Plus we in conditioner before ruging and it helps make it flat so on show show day life is much easier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:15 am

One mane is fine, it is fine and heavy like a full size horse so it sits perfectly, but Diva has inherited this fuzzy type of mane which I thought would be uncontrollable like it was at the last show, but it wasn't TOO bad this time because it has more length in it now.

remaani
Contributor
Contributor
remaani

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Sialer Park Mini Stud wrote:
The reason the mini horse manes & forelocks sit down when slicked is cos there is only 1/3 - 1/2 a mane there...

They actually clip off half the mane underneath (instead of pulling to thin them out)...

The forelocks have the sides & underneath clipped off too, so only a small narrow strip is left.

The less mane there is, the easier it is to slick it down.

That's how most of the 'big' showies down here do it...

If you have a 'lot' of mane/forelock, then no amount of gel/mousse/hairspray etc will hold it down.

My biggest pet hate!!! Half clipped off forelocks - horrid horrid!
I have Mini Ponies & Mini Horses & pride myself more in to my Mini's training, behaviour on the day & the overall look & never get around to "slicking" down a rury mane/forelock. I don't mine a "full" mane/forelock on the Mini Horses, lol.
I have a Mini here whom was previously shown by someone else & i hate her near-non-existant forelock. Shocked Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.remaanilodgestud.webs.com/
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 am

Hey PK - I know this thread was last year lol but wondering if you have tried washing her mane in the shampoo/conditioner that is for flyaway hair - or frizzy hair? You know the stuff you buy for when you get a perm etc - is expensive the good stuff - but if you're only doing one horses mane you wouldn't be using too much so would last a while....

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mysticalpark
deltree
deltree

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:58 am

Again, I know its an old topic, but wow - I HATE thinned manes! I agree with neatening but clipping some of it off? :-O I LOVE huge, thick manes and tails Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deltreephoto.webs.com
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:03 am

We do clip some of it but not alot - only to make it look neat. You should see my daughters little fella - he has hardly any forelock but we are only following what was done previously - it doesn't grow back in time for shows so we have to trim it all again......
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mysticalpark
Gemrose

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 am

I once went to a presentation day and Brylcreem (the type that men used on their hair in the 50s and 60s) was suggested. I haven't starting showing my mini yet but might give it a try when I do.
Back to top Go down
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 pm

I clip off mane Razz alot actually... Especially with Desert her mane is soooooooo bloody thick and unmanageable I havee to clip it off. Then it was so long and and the weight of it seemed to pull the top of her neck over I shortened it with this nifty device from HL cost me $10 and works wonders,I thined her tail too and it looks great
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: gel mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:44 am

I like my manes and tails all natural i only trim the bridle path to 1 and a half inches and there tail just above the ground height i have no idea on what gel to use all i do to the ponies is wash manes and put a skinny hood on and tails i just wash plait and put in a tail bag??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gel / Mousse for manes   Gel / Mousse for manes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gel / Mousse for manes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Miniature Equines :: Horse Topics :: Training / Showing-
Jump to: