um, not sure where this post goes so please excuse me if this is the wrong place.
As I said in my intro, I have 2 ponies with breeding unknown. They were saved from before going to a dogger in June this year, I didnt buy them direct, have bought them after. I am told the colt has an
American sire, there were about 40 minis in total from out Texas way, all scared, most unhandled differing ages. I am told the owner was too old (80yrs) to continue looking after them. But unsure what is hearsay or not.
My questions are,
1. who sends the DNA into IMHR to be tested?
2. What needs to be sent (hair/blood?)
3. If it comes up with a pedigree, am I allowed to use that for registrating purposes? If I do not have certificate stating such from original breeder?
4. Can they do colour testing or pinto testing?
5. If i was to register first as unknown and have a new name, and then do a DNA test would I have to change the pony's name etc?
Sorry its so confusing to me, and I may sound a little stupid, but hey someone must know something