Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
good news - warning long post Vote_lcapgood news - warning long post Voting_bargood news - warning long post Vote_rcap 
mineees
good news - warning long post Vote_lcapgood news - warning long post Voting_bargood news - warning long post Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
good news - warning long post Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
good news - warning long post Vote_lcap56%good news - warning long post Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
good news - warning long post Vote_lcap33%good news - warning long post Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
good news - warning long post Vote_lcap0%good news - warning long post Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
good news - warning long post Vote_lcap0%good news - warning long post Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
good news - warning long post Vote_lcap11%good news - warning long post Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

good news - warning long post

Go down 
+3
lotta luvin
PONYKID
BFFmini
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 am

So two of my mini's belonged to some people who did not know alot about horses, and were kept in their backyard... they had no hoof care, worming or proper feed for 18 months. I have had them approx 6 months now and the mare bounced back quite quickly but the little filly was in a pretty poor state and has taken longer to come good.

She had a halter on her face that was sooo tight it had cut into her face,(was the same halter she left the breeders in 18mths prior) and she had a massive wound under her jaw... also because she couldn't open her mouth properly she couldn't eat properly, so was severly malnutritioned, but also there was no room for her baby caps to come out so her other teeth started to grow out at the bottom front of her gums..with her caps being retained. She has also had several abcesses under her jaw after the initial wound was cleared up.

Also because she had no hoof care during important growing years she has had issues with her hind legs. She was walking on the outside of her hooves which always wear short with the insides growing very long, giving her legs a bowed out appearance and making it difficult for her to walk.

She was absolutely full of worms and had the worst case of lice i have ever encountered. No

So it has taken just over six months , and we have had some touch and go moments with her, but I am happy to say that after having her retained caps pulled out, teeth floated, proper worming and feeding as well as keeping on top of her hoof trims, she is 100% better and surprising to my vet and farrier I have managed (with their help) to improve her hind leg action so that her bow and twist is almost non existant... she can now run around the paddocks with the others which she couldn't do at first and she can also turn at high speed with out falling over .. she will probably never see a show.. which is unfortunate as she has really good breeding, but she is happy and healthy and that is all I was ever hoping for her when I took them home. I love you

Pics to follow shortly....
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:08 am

good news - warning long post Diva_m10

good news - warning long post Drivew10

good news - warning long post Diva_t10

good news - warning long post Horses10
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:35 am

Thank you for posting up her story. I knew she was in a bad state when you got her, but I never imagined how bad it was. Seeing her improvement really brought a tear to my eye. If only there were more people out there like you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
lotta luvin
Valued User
Valued User
lotta luvin

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 am

Ohhh the poor little thing, that is so sad when they end up like that. You have done an amazing job and she looks 100% percent better now, as Ponykid said we need more people like you. You should be proud and you would get an amazing feeling seeing her in the paddock happy and healthy. Well Done flower flower
Back to top Go down
kimmini
Valued User
Valued User
kimmini

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 am

God that sort of thing realy makes my blood boil,you have done a fantastic job with her.At least now she has a for ever and happy home.Well done.
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks everyone.

I was unsure whether I should post her story..I'm not wanting to upset anyone which is the reason why I have left out any graphic pics of her wounds etc , but in the end decided that if I make just one person who thinks mini's are cute and can be kept like a dog think twice, then alls good....

Now I am on a mission to gain her trust... I am sure she hates me.. I have done some terrible things to her in the name of love.... I can catch her in a large paddock now though, put a halter on her (that took a ALOT of work and patience) and have taught her to lead Smile so I think we are on the right track.

I love watching her hoon around the paddock , never sure whether to laugh or cry though

P.S she loves to jump!
Back to top Go down
deltree
deltree

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 am

Wow. That is absolutely digsuting and heart warming all in one go. Congratulations...you have done such a wonderful job with her! It must be the best feeling to look back on how she began her journey and see her now, happy and healthy. That's just 100% awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deltreephoto.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Gosh it's little wonder she hated having the halter put on, after what the first one did to her! These things take time though, she will realise this one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
mysticalmeadows
Valued User
Valued User

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:43 am

awwww how heartbreaking Sad
a huge congrats to u for all ur hard work in making her feel loved again, she is absolutely gorgeous!!
Back to top Go down
mineees
mineees

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 am

wow you have done lots with her, well done... sunny
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 am

sunny
Update on teeth, coming along nicely.. i think
good news - warning long post Horses10

And a cute pic of her just wanting to be friends
good news - warning long post Horses11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good news - warning long post   good news - warning long post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good news - warning long post
Page 1 of 1