Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcapHelp with my new baby please Voting_barHelp with my new baby please Vote_rcap 
mineees
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcapHelp with my new baby please Voting_barHelp with my new baby please Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
Help with my new baby please Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcap56%Help with my new baby please Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcap33%Help with my new baby please Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcap0%Help with my new baby please Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcap0%Help with my new baby please Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Help with my new baby please Vote_lcap11%Help with my new baby please Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Help with my new baby please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mysticalmeadows
Valued User
Valued User

PostSubject: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 am

not sure if this is the right place to put this
but when he is awake his mum wont let us get near him, when he is asleep i can get near him but he is sleeping less and less now, so how do i handle him???
thanks heaps
Back to top Go down
kimmini
Valued User
Valued User
kimmini

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:22 am

Just give the mare time she wants her bub and not willing to share yet.If you go out there give the mare lots a cuddles and brush her and the bub will slowly start to come up to see whats going on.They just have to learn to trust you.Some foals are all over you but some can take awhile.
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Yes with mares like that, I find it is better to make the time all about the MARE. And gradually start handling the foal a bit more each time. It's also good for the foal too because they take a lot of cues off mum, so if she is enjoying being fussed over, he will want that too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
Willowmoss
Willowmoss

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:33 am

How are you going with your little one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/willowmossponystud
mysticalmeadows
Valued User
Valued User

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 am

thing is the mum is a horror and wont let us just walk up and pat her! the baby is starting to come and have a sniff of our hands and let us give him a quick pat before hiding behind mummy!
Back to top Go down
deltree
deltree

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:27 am

That is natural, don't worry. I know a mare at the stud I bought Athena from who absolutely adores me...everyone says so every time I'm over there, haha! She always comes up to me and gives me cuddles and kisses and falls asleep on my shoulder. When she had her foal, she became very protective. It's just a natural thing - she didn't want to expose her baby to things she didn't think the bub was ready for. Gradually, she let everyone near her again. The stud owner would sit with Mum and bub every night at feed time, and many nights the bub wouldn't come to the owner. But after a while and with lots of patience, she began to come up for a quick sniff and would then dart off again. Each time she would approach, she would stay longer. That's naturally how she learned. Now, at a month old, she'll storm right up to you and demand attention lol! Mum has also gone from being the horror-movie-reincarnate to protect her foal back to sweet, loving old girl who likes to rub her runny nose all over me lol!

Give it time Smile Patience is the key with anything horsey. Soon, you won't be able to get rid of the foal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deltreephoto.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with my new baby please   Help with my new baby please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with my new baby please
Page 1 of 1