Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcapIce man at 2 and a bit months??? Voting_barIce man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap 
mineees
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcapIce man at 2 and a bit months??? Voting_barIce man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcap56%Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcap33%Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcap0%Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcap0%Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_lcap11%Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ice man at 2 and a bit months???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Well here he is mud and all how tall do you think he will grow he was 56 cms when he was born or it was 22 inch's

Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? SAM_0778

Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? SAM_0779

Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? SAM_0780

Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? SAM_0781
Back to top Go down
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 am

Aww, he is so fine in the body.
It's hard to guess how tall they will grow, but I've had some born 22" that only grew to 31" adult height, and others that went to 34".
More often than not the foal will be around the same height as the smaller parent, but not always the case. It has a lot to do with nutrition (during pregnancy and as a youngster) as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 am

Pk i think he might just stay mini height im still not sure what colour he is i cant really afford to get a dna test done at the moment so i just registered him as a black brown for now
Back to top Go down
BFFmini
Frequent User
Frequent User
BFFmini

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:03 pm

aw.. he is coming along nicely. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:03 am

He's a cutie - what colour is his dam and sire? also what are their heights

Nicky
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mysticalpark
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 am

His mum is 82cms and registered as a black but he is the same color as her at the moment so i dont really no what she is i thought she would be a black brown?? The picture is his mum just clipped?? his dad is a chestnut and white pinto who is only 79 cms

Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? SAM_0495
Back to top Go down
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:26 am

She looks the same as my daughters gelding - he was registered as black. Only reason I asked if you little one looks like he has the "teddy bear" ears - where the inside of his ears are a lighter colour than the rest of him which could mean he's a smokey black if he has a dilute gene in his background .......

With black there are two types - non-fading and fading. A non-fading black is usually born charcoal and changes to jet black. A fading black is usually born smoky-ashen coloured but may be born brown - will fade as it gets older and very rarely is metallic sheen in the sun (a non fading black will have that metallic sheen in the sun). Fading to a reddish brown is due to the sun and occurs typically on the ends of the mane and tail.

A brown is a black horse that has been genetically altered to have lighter colour in the soft parts. So the around the muzzle, eyebrows, quarters, flank and girth will show a lighter colour even yellowish colour.

Back to top Go down
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 am

im not sure what his back ground is but i plan to find out what it is?? When i can afford it i am going to get both him and his mother color tested?? she also has the lighter color in her ears it will be nice to find out what they actually are before i have to do his adult regos i plan on keeping him as a stud for awhile
Back to top Go down
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 am

He's a refined little thing isn't he... do you know the sires details and dams details?? that will give you a clue as to colouring....
Back to top Go down
misty meadow miniatures
Valued User
Valued User
misty meadow miniatures

PostSubject: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 am

ok just pulled out his foal recording on his fathers line:

His Grand sire is a chestnut pinto 79cms
His grand dam is a Palomino with greying 81 cms

And on his mothers side

His grand sire is a Palomino 79.50 cms his father is a black 85 cms and dam is a palomino 8.3 hh
His grand dam is a black grey 83.50 cms her father is a red roan 82 cms and her dam is a grey 89cms

I have also seen some white hairs starting to fleck through his coat??? I am in the process of getting the whole set of AMPS stud books so i have more info on the ponies blood lines
Back to top Go down
Mystical
Contributor
Contributor
Mystical

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 am

Okay with your mare - her sire is pally and dam black - means she is either a smokey black or plain black. She has the chance of having the "creme" gene from her sire. She could also pass on to her foal.

They also have the chance of greying out too with that in their background . Gray horses may be born any base color, depending on other color genes present. White hairs begin to appear at or shortly after birth and become progressively lighter as the horse ages. Graying can occur at different rates—very quickly on one horse and very slowly on another.

Back to top Go down
aliasmel
aliasmel

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah.... Look at Shatters...she is 4 this year (I think LOL) and she is going grey sooo slow I am convinced it will be 14 before she is fully grey....

And Warrior was a black buckskin,it is easy to tell,they usually have a lighter colour in their ears to their coat (almost a beige colour) and when you look at them in direct sunlight you can see their legs have black points and their body is a few shades lighter
Back to top Go down
http://cherrywoodminiatures.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice man at 2 and a bit months???   Ice man at 2 and a bit months??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice man at 2 and a bit months???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Miniature Equines :: Show 'Em Off :: Fun Photo Shoots-
Jump to: