Aussie Miniature Equines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Australians who own and love Miniature Horses and Ponies.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Still miss my COBRA heaps
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am by howlwolfranch

» Deshifuck.mobi
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 am by maritame

» Download Livros De Fisioterapia Uroginecologia
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm by maritame

» Aurora 3D Presentation 2012 12.03.24
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:40 am by maritame

» Hot Village Maid Aunty Seduces The Youth And Blackmail Him Target=
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:47 am by maritame

» Getting yellowed/blonde manes & tails looking clean!?
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm by Dash_01

» We are new too!
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:03 pm by Dash_01

» Face Book...
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am by Craig Rheynolds

» Craig Rheynolds
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am by Craig Rheynolds

Top posters
PONYKID
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcapProblem with "excited" stallion at shows Voting_barProblem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap 
mineees
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcapProblem with "excited" stallion at shows Voting_barProblem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap 
aliasmel
Willowmoss
deltree
YarrehLane
Sialer Park Mini Stud
mysticalmeadows
kimmini
misty meadow miniatures
Like us on Facebook!
Gallery
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Empty
Poll
Breeders Poll
I breed foals with my own stallion
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcap56%Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
I breed foals with an outside stallion
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcap33%Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
I buy mares that are already in foal
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcap0%Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I buy weanlings to raise
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcap0%Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None of the above
Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_lcap11%Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Problem with "excited" stallion at shows

Go down 
+3
YarrehLane
sharjay
PONYKID
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 pm

I am at my wits end what to do about my stallion, he is currently doing very well at shows, but he has one big problem! He likes to parade around the ring with his 5th leg out! And not just out a bit, I am talking full length, rock hard. He never does this at home, so I cannot "train him out of it". I know it is poor etiquette to let a stallion do this, and some judges can be offended (I got in trouble from a judge a few years back because my colt did it in a class, and the judge told me to "whip it" which I thought was cruel).

I've tried perfume under the chin, vicks up the nose, nothing seems to work, so it's obviously not caused by him smelling anything.

I don't know why he does it, but has anyone else had this same problem and how did you solve it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theponykid.webs.com
sharjay
Contributor
Contributor
sharjay

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 am

I would go with the judges opinion. Give it a tap with a whip or something similar. You dont have to whack the crap out of it but give it a hard enough tap for him to put it away. He will soon learn not to whip it out at the shows.

Sharleen
Back to top Go down
http://secretheartstockhorses.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am

I am worried if I do it at a show (coz that's the only time I have a problem) people might report me for abuse or manhandling my horse... some people are odd like that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sharjay
Contributor
Contributor
sharjay

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 am

God, I have seen some people yelling screaming and belting their horses whith whips and kicking them in the guts, smacking them over the head. You name ive seen it. I have never heard of anyone been reported. Not that I support that sort of behaviour but sometimes it is needed, but not to that extreme of course. You will see alot of stallion owners big or small give their willy a tap or two to put it away. No-one is going to think any worse of you. Its all about manners especially from stallions. You have got to be firm with stallions otherwise they will walk all over you.

Sharleen
Back to top Go down
http://secretheartstockhorses.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

Tell me about it. He almost got gelded because of his lack of manners!! A friend helped me sort him out, but he can still be pushy sometimes. Most of the time he's a darling.
Back to top Go down
YarrehLane
Valued User
Valued User
YarrehLane

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 am

Our stallion did it once and I was told to walk to them backwards as it makes them put it away...It really didn't do much for him but it worked on a gelding so I think it depends on the horse. But he is obviously enjoying his day out! Wink Thing is I think it is something that is fairly uncontrollable and if a rearing/striking horse can win a ribbon then why can't a calm "happy" horse win a ribbon too! I don't think whipping him there is the answer either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.yarrehlane.webs.com
krystalclear

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 am

i would give it a gentle tap with the end of your whip.
or run him in a tight circle.
(like lungeing although in a really tight circle)
that might work.
i wouldnt be worried about whipping him gently with the whip.
i have seen someone give his willy a big KICK!
and they still one supreme.
Back to top Go down
remaani
Contributor
Contributor
remaani

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:27 am

I would NOT smack it with the whip, even lightly.

Some stallions can be very "protective" of that region & i've seen stallions that get their manhood smacked like this & they go on to be either too afraid to serve a mare or too scared to pee when you are handling them at shows etc (resulting in health problems) - meaning scared to drop his willy in fear of it being smacked.

Backing up works well for my boys.
But each to their own i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.remaanilodgestud.webs.com/
come by chance stud
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 am

I would try backing him up too. It helps with my boy.
Or have you try lavender oil on his nose. It will help him relax and will not be able to smell the other ponies.
Back to top Go down
deltree
deltree

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 am

Oh man, I had this problem with a Welsh GELDING! I sold him before I fixed it, LOL! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deltreephoto.webs.com
PONYKID
PONYKID

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 am

Yep I fixed the problem. Stopped showing him then sold him and bought a stallion that doesn't do it LOL
Back to top Go down
deltree
deltree

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 am

PONYKID wrote:
Yep I fixed the problem. Stopped showing him then sold him and bought a stallion that doesn't do it LOL

Oh wow, didn't see how old this thread was until now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deltreephoto.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with "excited" stallion at shows   Problem with "excited" stallion at shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with "excited" stallion at shows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Miniature Equines :: Horse Topics :: Training / Showing-
Jump to: